We're looking for a Software Engineer to join the team working on Camo (reincubate.com/camo), our app that gives people video superpowers.
Our customers include teams at Apple, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Amazon, the world’s top universities, VIPs around the world, and plenty of people who just want to look better online. Our work has been recognised by HM Queen Elizabeth II, the NYT, WSJ, and the BBC. Users rate Reincubate as one of the UK’s most-loved software companies (reincubate.com/about).
This role is remote, and we've found its easiest working in timezones between CET (Central European Time) and ET (US Eastern Time). The role is probably right for you if you’re curious and energised by building highly-polished products that blow users' minds, and would enjoy working at a values-led, remote, indie business.
- Build and enhance robust, accessible functionality in our native C# desktop apps
- Build new and delightful experiences for our users
- Help evolve our tooling, architecture and development practices
- Contribute to the product & design vision across the company
- Help you set up and contribute to a productive working environment, wherever you are: delight builds on delight
- Give you autonomy in your work, we trust you to solve hard problems well
- Help you settle into your role, manage your responsibilities, and grow as a member of the team: progress comes through sustainable growth
- Provide a space for you to share your opinions and ideas on any topic; integrity and openness are bedrocks of how we interact with one another and our users
- Provide excellent benefits: competitive salary, 25 days’ paid vacation, flexible hours, remote work, stock options, healthcare, paid parental leave, matched pension 401(k), equipment, allowances for home-offices, remote work & professional development
You might suit this role if you:
- Can pick up existing projects quickly and devise iterative improvements without major refactors.
- Enjoy working as part of a small, focused team of individual contributors, and like taking ownership of projects from initial planning to release.
- Wish there were more apps that felt "just right".
- Have strong C# and WPF skills, with familiarity working with a great stack: git, Nunit, Azure, etc.
- Have the ability and desire to learn, develop, and share new ideas, and implement those individually or as part of a team.
- Have any experience with audio, video, iOS, macOS or Android development — although it's not necessary
You’ll maximize your chances when applying if you:
- Include a CV that gives us a great idea of who you are and what you’re about
- Take a time to look at who we are, and what we’re looking for
- Share examples of you succeeding with the sort of things we’re looking for in your cover letter